The King Sigismund of Luxembourg used to bath in the mineral water from Turčianske Teplice with a gold crown on his head centuries ago. As a legend says, water from Turčianske Teplice in connection with gold cured his gout and helped him to live long.
The Venus of Muráň owes her beauty to the springs, too.
The royal town of Kremnica owned the thermal springs from 1535 to 1949. The importance of the spa kept increasing - it was popular with nobility from Hungary, Poland, Austria and Transylvania.
the King and the Emperor Maximilian of Habsburg and Francis II Vešeléni (Wesselényi) was among the most important spa clients. Beautiful Countess Mária Sečianska (Maria Szechy) was the prove that the water had a wholesome influence on a female body. Thanks to her immense beauty that no man could resist, she was also called the Venus of Muráň.
The spa construction development in the 19th and the 20th centuries
- In 1885 a new building of the Blue Spa and the two-flor spa house of Ján Kollár were built.
- In 1926 the spa house Malá Fatra, today Royal Palace, was built.
- Veľká Fatra and Aqua spa houses were built in the 80’s and so the spa capacity increased to 465 beds.
Modern development of the spa
- In 2005-2006 the original part of Veľká Fatra*** spa house was reconstructed.
- On 23 February 2007 the 1st part of SPA & AQUAPARK – SPA was completed.
- On 15 July 2007 His Royal Highness, the Archduke Michael von Habsburg-Lothringen opened the new entertainment and relaxation SPA & AQUAPARK.
- In 2009 a new wing of Veľká Fatra**** designed for the most demanding spa clients was completed.
- In 2011 balneotherapy premises were reconstructed.
- 2017 Royal Palace*****spa house reconstruction
- 2017 Blue spa reconstruction
Enjoy the unique SPA&AQUAPARK with thermal healing mineral water - the only spa aquapark with healing mineral water in Slovakia. Whole-year-round operation, attractions for your entertainment and the healing effects of a unique natural resource - mineral thermal healing water.
- SPA & AQUAPARK