- Reservations: +421 43 4913 000, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Procedures: +421 43 4913 430, email@example.com
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 - 16:30
General Business Terms and Conditions
General Business Terms and Conditions of Slovenské liečebné kúpele Turčianske Teplice, a.s.
Registered office: Ul. SNP 519, 039 12 Turčianske Teplice, company ID number: 31 642 322
Registered in the Commercial Register of the District Court in Žilina
section: Sa, insert No.: 327/L
Telephone and fax number: 043/4913380, 043/4922943
Art. 1 Initial Provisions
The business company Slovenské liečebné kúpele Turčianske Teplice, a.s. with its registered office at Ul. SNP 519, 039 12 Turčianske Teplice, company ID number: 31 642 322, registered in the Commercial Register of the District Court in Žilina, section: Sa, insert No.: 327/L (hereinafter referred to as the “SLK TT”) provides comprehensive spa services, including accommodation, catering, outpatient services, individual procedures and complementary services.
These GENERAL BUSINESS TERMS AND CONDITIONS (hereinafter referred to as the “GBT&C”) govern the legal relations arisen between SLK TT and its clients (hereinafter referred to as the “contracting parties”) during the provision of services by SLK TT, while such terms and conditions shall be the basic legal regulations governing such relations. In some individual cases – legal relations between SLK TT and clients – it is allowed to diverge from these GBT&C and to regulate some legal relations individually. Such individual approach can be based on a contract between SLK TT and Client, on other agreement of contracting parties, or on a unilateral declaration by SLK TT. Individual regulations that govern legal relations differently than these GBT&C shall prevail over the regulations included herein.
GBT&C govern the conditions of providing comprehensive spa services, including accommodation, catering, outpatient services, individual procedures and complementary services.
Art. 2 Formation of Contractual Relation
1. The contractual relation – legal relation between the contracting parties arises based on:
- A contract or other bilateral legal act;
- A written, telephone, fax or e-mail order by the client acknowledged by SLK TT with an obligation to pay for it;
- Payment of a price of provided services;
- Use of a gift voucher issued by SLK TT subject to an approval or a confirmation by SLK TT of the fact that the ordered services can be provided in the given term.
2. An order by the Client with an obligation to pay will include in particular:
- Designation “ORDER WITH AN OBLIGATION TO PAY” (hereinafter also referred to as the “Order”)
- Name, surname and address of the client – ordering party (hereinafter also referred to as the “Ordering Party”)
- Date of check-in and check-out for the stay (procedure), number of clients and their names
- Requested type of the spa stay (procedure), requested hotel services
- Requested accommodation (spa house, category, type of room)
- Requested catering, transfers and other complementary services
- Ordering party’s own signature, place and date of placing the order.
Art. 3 Payment Terms
After SLK TT acknowledges an order placed in accordance with the previous article 2, par. 2, the ordering party shall be obligated to prepay 100 percent of the order price to bank account of SLK TT not later than 21 days before the check-in date or not later than 12 days before the date of the procedure. In case of a reservation and acknowledgement of an order later than 21 days before the date of check-in, the price shall be paid immediately and the receipt shall be sent by fax or e-mail or mail to the address of SLK TT. Unless the prepayment is paid in accordance with such conditions, the order will be fully cancelled. The same shall apply to payments for ordered and acknowledged requests for transfers. If a client orders a transfer later than placing an order for a stay and receiving acknowledgement of such order including a prepayment invoice, the client shall be obligated to pay for the transfer not later than 3 days before the acknowledged date of transfer. Otherwise, SLK TT shall be entitled to cancel such order without any compensation. A failure to pay for such transfer shall be considered a material breach of a contract or of a bilateral agreement, and SLK TT shall be entitled to indemnification. The ordering party accepts the whole scope of ordered services acknowledged by SLK TT by settling the invoice.
SLK TT as the service provider issues gift vouchers that can be used for individual services. The gift vouchers can be purchased in SLK TT points of sale, or ordered at the business department of SLK TT. A gift voucher validity shall be stated on the front side of voucher. The client can make use of individual services based on a gift voucher only as long as the gift voucher is valid. In case the services are failed to be utilised, the client forfeits the right to use such service without any compensation. A service from the offer of SLK TT specified in the gift voucher will be provided to a client that carries the gift voucher. The client shall order – reserve an exact term of every service through communication channels specified in www.therme.sk website, “Contacts” section. After SLK TT acknowledges a reservation, the reservation becomes binding.
A client reserves the right to pay any payment through wire transfer. Bank fee connected with such payment shall be borne by the client.
The purchase price shall be considered paid in the moment of crediting the bank account of SLK TT with the whole sum specified in a contract, in an invoice or in order acknowledgement. A failure to make a payment in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions shall be considered a material violation of the contract or mutual agreement.
In case of a serious violation of the contract by the client or in case of a failure to pay the full purchase price, or a failure to pay the purchase price in the deadline specified in contract, invoice or order acknowledgement, SLK TT shall be entitled to withdraw from the contract or to cancel the order. In such cases SLK TT shall be entitled to damages.
A “spa charge” for a night and a person shall be an inherent part of the price. With effect from 24 October 2014, SLK TT decreases the sum of the spa charge from 1,50 € per person and night to 0.45 € per person and night (including VAT). SLK TT reserves the right to consider granting a charge discount in individual justified cases. The spa charge does not replace so-called “accommodation tax payable to town.” With reference to Act No. 268/2014 Coll. supplementing and amending the Act No. 582/2004 Coll., SLK TT shall be obligated to levy the accommodation tax payable to town for temporary accommodation provided for a payment with effect from 15 October 2014. The current sum of the accommodation tax according to the VZN decree of the town of Turčianske Teplice in force amounts to 1,50 €/ per person and night.
SLK TT can offer the service “payment to an open account” (hereinafter referred to as the “open account”) to the client. Such service applies to extra procedures ordered additionally in the spa and to drinks and goods ordered in gastronomical facilities of SLK TT. The “open account” is preconditioned by a pre-authorisation – blocking of client’s financial resources in an account linked with the client's payment card. Such pre-authorisation shall be made through terminal and client’s payment card. Items in the “open account” will be charged through the payment card and completion of pre-authorisation. In case a client with an open account and pre-authorisation does not uses any of the above services, the financial blocking will be cancelled not later than at check-out. A client shall be obligated to check whether blocking was cancelled. SLK TT shall not bear responsibility if the client fails to request cancelation of blocking of financial resources before he checks out. SLK TT can establish/cancel an open account service anytime during a client’s stay. After completing/ cancelling the pre-authorisation, SLK TT shall not bear responsibility for any further transaction periods of banks and payment card issuers in relation to the client’s disposition right of his or her financial resources.
Special provisions about the payment of a purchase price in case of a contract concluded remotely:
A client can pay for a stay and for ordered and acknowledged services by a payment order issued at client’s bank or through internet banking to the following account:
Organisation name: Slovenské liečebné kúpele Turčianske Teplice a.s.
Address: SNP 519, 039 12 Turčianske Teplice
Account number IBAN: SK8611110000001074130005
Bank name: UniCredit Bank Slovakia a.s., Krížna 50, Bratislava
Except for the above ways, an invoice can be settled through a link provided to the client together with prepayment invoice.
Art. 4 Ordering a Stay and Procedures Not Subject to a Prescription
A client can order a stay or procedures personally, by telephone, e-mail, fax or mail sent to the address of SLK TT. According to and based on client’s requirements, a client places an order with obligation to pay pursuant to art. 2, par. 2 of these GBT&C. After receiving the full price, SLK TT will send an accommodation card and instructions about the ordered stay to the address specified by the client or to the address specified in e-mail, fax, letter or in telephone order. Similarly, if any procedures not subject to prescription are ordered, a client shall receive the spa card together with a timetable and timing of procedures after paying the full price or upon check-in for the stay or for procedures not subject to prescription.
Art. 5 Length of Stay, Check-in and Check-out
We recommend clients to spend at least 21-day treatment in the SLK TT based on medical researches and experience. Length of stays of clients of health insurance companies are defined in legislation – “Indication list of the SR”. Other clients are free to choose from our offer of treatment stays.
The length of other stays – wellness and holiday ones – is selected by the client.
The check-in day is the first day of a stay. The check-out day is the day following the last day of a stay that includes the night.
Check-in: after 13,00 p.m. (noon) Check-out: until 10,00 a.m.
Art. 6 Transfers
SLK TT offers a transfer from airport or from other places in Slovakia or abroad and back. The prices of transfers are not included in prices of stays and SLK TT provides transfer subject to a mutual agreement, on client’s request and order. Clients place orders according to and based on their requirements and shall settle the respective prices in accordance with article 2, par. 2 hereof.
Art. 7 Rights and Obligations of the Client
The client shall be entitled to:
- Receive services in the same extent as specified in an order, as well as the necessary information about price, content or programme of the stay;
- Cancel the ordered services, i.e. to withdraw from the contract while accepting the cancellation conditions;
- Inform the spa about a change of the client or o other information included in the order of a stay.
- Special instructions for a client about exercising his or her right for withdrawal from the contract concluded remotely:
The right for withdrawal from the contract.
A client shall be entitled to withdraw from this contract without any reason in 14 days.
The period for withdrawal from the contract shall expire in 14 days after concluding the contract.
If a client exercises the right for withdrawal from the contract, he or she will inform SLK TT about such decision by means of a clear announcement (for example by means of a letter sent by mail, fax, or e-mail) to address: Slovenské liečebné kúpele Turčianske Teplice, a.s., Ul. SNP 519, 039 12 Turčianske Teplice, fax number: +421-43-4922 943, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. “SAMPLE WITHDRAWAL FROM THE CONTRACT” attached as the ANNEX No. 1 hereof can be used for such purpose.
You can fill in the sample form for withdrawal from the contract or any clear announcement about withdrawal from the contract in electronic form and send it to email@example.com. If you withdraw from the contract, SLK TT will confirm the receipt of your withdrawal from the contract immediately in writing (e.g. by e-mail).
The period for withdrawal from the contract will be observed, if you send the withdrawal from the contract before the period for withdrawal from the contract expires.
Consequences of withdrawal from the contract.
After a withdrawal from the contract, SLK TT will return all payments already received in connection with the contract, especially the purchase price, including costs of delivering the goods to you. This does not apply to additional costs, if a client selected a different type of delivery than the cheapest common way of delivery offered by us. Payments will be returned without any undue delay, not later than in 14 days after we receive your withdrawal from the contract. The payments will be refunded in the same way as received, unless a client expressly approved another type of payment, without charging any further fees.
If a client asked for provision of any services during the period for withdrawal from the contract, he/ she shall pay to SLK TT the price of all services actually provided until the day, on which SLK TT was informed about the client's intention to withdraw from the contract.
The client shall be obligated to:
- Approach all circumstances so that the course of the stay and other clients would not be restricted or endangered, otherwise the clients shall be fully responsible for the consequences;
- Follow the set programme of the stay;
- Observe the rules of accommodation, warnings or recommendations shown in the premises of SLK TT; follow the recommendation not to wear jewellery and not to carry money or other valuables;
- Respect instructions and recommendations sent by SLK TT in the conformation of order;
- Follow all information materials that specify the conditions of stays of SLK TT;
- Cooperate with the spa as necessary in order to receive all services, and also in case of any change, complaint or insured event;
- Clients who are about to receive spa treatment or clients who purchased procedures that are not subject to prescription, should take into consideration their health condition and contraindications of such stays or procedures, and they shall undergo a medical examination after checking in or to fill in a medical form;
If a client intends to cancel any order of a stay, a transfer or a procedure that is not subject to prescription, the client shall inform SLK TT and accept the cancellation fees;
- Legal entities shall be obligated to inform the clients of stays or procedures that are not subject to prescription of the GBT&C duly and in time, so that the clients could observe the obligations resulting from GBT&C consistently;
- To identify themselves in the premises of SLK TT and Spa & AQUAPARK with identification tools (ID cards, other cards, bracelets, etc.) received at the reception after checking in for stays or for procedures that are not subject to prescription. Identification tools shall be non-transferable and the data in them shall not be modified. Clients shall return all identification tools at the reception of the respective spa house when checking out. If a client provably misuses any identification tool, such client should pay a sanction fee amounting to EUR 100 per one ID tool. To identify themselves when checking in (for more than 1 night) at the reception with an identification card (valid personal ID card, passport) for the purpose of keeping records about the accommodated clients;
- A foreign national shall submit to SLK TT other documents about their stay in the Slovak Republic pursuant to legislation in force (Act No. 48/2002 Coll. on a Stay of Foreigners in force).
Art. 8 Rights and Obligations of the Spa
Before concluding a contract on stay or before selling a procedure that is not subject to prescription, SLK TT shall inform the future clients of all known facts that could influence the decision to purchase a stay or a procedure that is not subject to prescription. If any circumstances prevent the provision of services to clients according to conditions agreed on in advance, SLK TT reserves the right to change the programme or the price of the stay, to shift the term, change the accommodation facility or to cancel the stay. If the accommodation facility is changed, the substitute accommodation shall be of similar standard. SLK TT shall inform the clients of such changes without any undue delay not later than in 3 days before the stay starts, or before the procedures not subject to a prescription are taken.
SLK TT shall be entitled to withdraw from the contract, to terminate a stay prematurely, or to withdraw from the provision of procedures not subject to a prescription in case a client keeps violating the good manners in spite of a warning by SLK TT, or annoys or threatens other clients, spa employees, their safety, health, property, or violates the client’s obligations in other way.
SLK TT as the provider of services shall be entitled to:
- Change these GBT&C exclusively and unilaterally;
- Change the offer, scope or conditions of the offered services and products;
- Change the pricelist (prices of products and services) and the conditions of the provision of products and services contracted under the conditions stipulated in these GBT&C;
- Collect cancellation fees in a sum and under the conditions defined herein;
- Compensate its cancellation-related claim from the sum paid by a client for the ordered services.
Art. 9 Discounts of Prices of Stays
In case a client is entitled for a discount, the client shall exercise such right when placing an order for the stay. If the client fails to do so, the discount will not be granted. Discounts shall not be combined or added together, and they do not apply to last minute stays, special offers and tailor-made stays. A client can exercise the highest discount for which such client is entitled.
Art. 10 Cancellation Conditions
A stay and order of procedures not subject to a prescription can be cancelled by means of a written letter of cancelation sent to the address of SLK TT. The sum a cancelation fee is calculated from the day of delivering the cancellation to the spa.
The sum of the cancellation fees shall be as follows:
- 20 - 15 days: 10 % of price of the stay or price of the ordered procedures not subject to a prescription
- 14 - 7 days: 30 % of price of the stay or price of the ordered procedures not subject to a prescription
- 6 - 3 days: 50% of price of the stay or price of the ordered procedures not subject to a prescription
- 2 - 0 days: 75 % of price of the stay or price of the ordered procedures not subject to a prescription
A client shall not receive any financial compensation for ordered but unused services, for changes of ordered services during a stay (accommodation, catering, treatment procedures).
If a client terminates a stay prematurely, or if not all the ordered and confirmed procedures not subject to a prescription are provided to the client, the client shall not receive any financial or other compensation for catering, accommodation, treatment, procedures, or any other compensation for the ordered services. If a client leaves earlier, such client can be charged a cancellation fee amounting to 50% of the unused ordered services.
No fee is charged for a change of a client notified duly and in time.
If SLK TT is obliged to return any adequate portion of the sum paid for services due to any reason, it shall be done in 30 days after the claim arose. Such sum shall be reduced by the relevant cancellation fee specified above, plus possibly by an administrative fee amounting to EUR 10. Transaction costs connected with the refund of the price shall be borne by the client.
A client can ask for a change of the confirmed order of a transfer free of charge not later than 3 days before the requested date of transfer as confirmed by SLK TT. If any order (e.g. number of persons, type of vehicle, route, date, time) is changed by the client later than 3 days in advance as specified above, the original request shall be cancelled and a 100 % cancellation fee shall be charged. In such cases SLK TT does not guarantee that they are able to satisfy any request for a change.