Thermal healing mineral water is used for baths of the whole body or individual body parts, for water drinking therapies with certain types of diseases.
Thermal healing mineral water helps improve blood and lymph circulation. The water pressure facilitates exercise and movement in water.
The surface temperature of your body increases in response to temperature of the thermal mineral water. That's the primary physical reaction. The secondary reaction involves nervous, cardiovascular, respiratory and endocrine system, as well as immunity system. Chemical effect of the mineral water is important, too, as mineral substances penetrate into skin and deeper during a bath and afterwards, too.
Such baths decrease blood pressure, help dilate veins and have an overall relaxation and calming effect. Temperature of mineral baths is usually 34°- 38°C (in exceptional cases up to 40°C).
Richly mineralized (sulphurs, bicarbonates, calcium, magnesium, iron, etc.) thermal water from Turčianske Teplice has provable healing effects on musculoskeletal diseases, urological, nervous and gynaecological diseases.
- Thanks to the content of calcium sulphate CaSO4 that reduces urine pH, the water is suitable for treatment of phosphate and carbonate stones in urinary tract.
- Thanks to its high magnesium and calcium content that have anti-inflammatory and antiallergic effects, the water treats prostate inflammation condition.
- Due to the high content of calcium, magnesium and fluorine, the mineral water from Turčianske Teplice is suitable for water drinking therapy as prevention of osteoporosis, several types of kidney stones and intestinal diseases.
- It is also suitable in cases of large intestine tissue inflammation (endocolitis) as it has a favourable effect on the tissue, and in case of gall bladder diseases as it increases bile formation and secretion.
- Such healing drink is suitable for treatment of hyperacidity and increased production of stomach acids. Vice versa, it is not recommended to those suffering from insufficient stomach acid production.